Take the time
‘Take the Time!’ is a digital mammoth walking trail of 469.9 kilometres long in total.
The route has been divided into 36 courses ranging from 3.3 to 23.2 kilometres long. Following the Green Corridors, ‘Take the Time!’ crosses four Provinces, six National Parks, two National Landscapes and two World Heritage sites. The walking app is available for download for both smartphones and tablets, and can be planned at home in advance. Next to the walking directions, the walking app also provides information about the scenery, natural and (cultural-) historical features and public transport services along the route.
On the websites of the six National Parks, you will also find the addresses of the National park’s hosts, lodging accommodations and suppliers of regional products in and around the National Park in question. More information about accommodation in and around the Drents-Friese Wold National Park.
We have selected another three additional routes within the participating National Parks that take you through the Park either walking, cycling, canoeing or on horseback. Some examples of these routes through the Drents-Friese Wold National Park are listed below:
- Doldersumerveld, Drenthe Landscape, 7 kilometres. Duration about 2.5 hours
- Diever, 14 kilometres. Duration about 4 hours
- Berkenheuvel, Natuurmonumenten, 8 kilometres. Duration about 3 hours
The National Parks Schiermonnikoog, Dwingelderveld, Drents-Friese Wold, Weerribben-Wieden, de Alde Feanen and Lauwersmeer welcome you!
Lodging accommodations in the National Park
In 2006 the Drents-Friese Wold started with a Hospitality training for recreation and hospitality businesses in the area. These hosts are important links between the tourists and the national park. The cooperation between the national park and the businesses has further improved the service towards the guests.
You will find leaflets and information at the hosts of the National Park. The employees can tell you all about the area. The businesses in question can be recognised by a sign on the facade and a flag of the National Park. The following businesses are the official Hosts of the Drents-Friese Wold National Park:
- In order to open the walking app ‘Take the Time’ on your computer, click the right-side logo ‘Take the time’
- In order to download the walking app for your smartphone or tablet, navigate to www.wandelapp-neemdetijd.nl
- Add www.wandelapp-neemdetijd.nl to your favourites/bookmarks.
- Long-press your home screen and add a shortcut. (Choose favourite/bookmark.)
- Tap the walking app, this will add the walking app icon to your home screen.
- When you’re on the website of www.wandelapp-neemdetijd.nl, tap the middle bottom button to open a menu.
- Click ‘Add to home screen’